Walks around Truro
A figure-of-8 walk along the creeks of the River Fal through the 300 acre estate surrounding Trelissick House
A circular walk through the horticulturally-famous Trewithen Gardens from Grampound via the hamlet of Golden where the sundial and ornate windows of a farmyard barn give away that it was once a mediaeval manor prior to the Tudor monarchy confiscating the estate for harbouring a Catholic priest.
A circular walk to the Victorian-engineered town of Devoran which was once the largest mining port in Cornwall, and along Restronguet Creek on the route of the railway that lead from the ore bins and smelting houses to the mines of Redruth
A circular walk in the Kenwyn valley following the Kenwyn upriver from Truro's Victoria Gardens where the elaborate Victorian system of weir gates, a hydraulic ram and leats both maintained the fish pond in the gardens and provided drinking water for horses in the city centre.
A circular walk from the woodland of The Duchy to the Holy Well of St Ladock in the river valley where in 1802 a gold nugget was found that contained enough gold to make an elegant necklace which is now in Truro museum.
A circular walk in the Fal valley from Grampound which began as river port in Roman times which evolved into the gateway into West Cornwall in mediaeval times and went on to become the centre of Cornwall's tanning industry.
A circular countryside walk past the nature reserve at Ventongimps and the engine house of West Chyverton mine, with refreshment opportunities at both Callestick Farm, where you can see the ice cream being made, and Healey's Cyder Farm who offer tours and tasting.